Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Love My Mission President!!

So tonight was the adult session of our stake conference. Jay had a performance so I went with my really good friend Kim. We were so excited because Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was presiding at our conference. As he was walking into the chapel at the beginning of the meeting right behind him was an Elder from the Quorum of the 70 and who was it?My mission president, Presidente Martino (now Elder James B. Martino)!!! I was so excited to see him (Kim pointed out that it seemed that I was more excited that he was here than the member of the 12)!!!

The meeting began and the spirit bore testimony of the restored gospel and the truthfulness of the principles that each of the speakers were teaching. The talks were outstanding! Afterwards I quickly walked up to the stand to greet my mission president. He totally remembered who I was, when I left the mission field, and that I gave the closing prayer when Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke at our mission (what a good memory).

Then as we were talking Elder Robert D. Hales came up to us and my president introduced me to him and I got to shake his hand. WOW! What a night! Not only did I get to see my mission president who I absolutely LOVE, but I got to shake hands with an apostle of the Lord. Am I a lucky girl or what?!

I am so grateful I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that it is the Lord's true church here on this earth. I know that because the Holy Ghost has testified this to me in several occasions throughout my life and tonight was one of those occasions.

3 comments:

Tara L. said...

That is so exciting. I am so glad you got to see your Mission President. I love my Mission President too. How fun that you could just run into him like that. I am glad that you guys were able to go and feel the spirit, and shake a hand of an apostle too. What a night for you.

Fletch said...

Everyone thinks their mission president will become a GA, and yours actually did. Serious bragging rights.

Potter Family said...

Did i miss something about Presidente?? I was only with him one month...but what an amazing guy. How great you got to see him!

Hna Peless