Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Birthday Present!!



For my 30th birthday my husband surprised me with a one night getaway to a resort here in town. It was the perfect present! I had actually told him a day before my birthday that all I wanted was to have some alone time with him without the girls (and he already had booked the little getaway. He knows me all too well).

The resort was absolutely beautiful! Very modern and spacious! The pools were beautiful. They had a couple of kiddie pools so we decided the next day to pick up the girls early from the sitters and take them swimming before we had to check out. I told Jay as we were leaving the resort that we shouldn't wait another 4 years to treat ourselves to something like this (the last vacation we had was our honeymoon). It was so nice to have us time!! Thanks Jay for a great birthday present!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so great! I'm jealous! The last time we did something like that was our honeymoon... 7 years ago. So sad.

Gina Rochelle said...

ditto Marne's remarks (7 years and 3 kids later). Jamie's 30th is in November, I think we need to do something like this. I love my kids but I've been craving a break longer than a couple hours

Unknown said...

AMEN to all that has been said. Brent and I keep saying we need something like this but...I'm so glad Jay thought to give you this for your b-day. What fun!