Friday, June 17, 2011

Mom, do you hear the birds singing?


This morning Jay got up at 5:00 AM with our early risers (B&K) so I could sleep in a little longer. After an hour of extra sleep I found Madelyn in my bed laying there looking at me sleeping.

Upon seeing my eyes open slightly she asked me if I could hear the birds singing and commented on how beautiful their voices were. I realized that she had been laying there just listening to the birds sing.

It reminded me of the scripture in Matthew, "Except ye be converted , and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven".

When was the last time I woke up and took the time to enjoy the sounds of the birds or admire another one of God's creations?

Thank you for your example to me my beautiful, smart, sweet Madelyn! I love having you in my life!

No comments: