Friday, May 27, 2011

Karaoke is so Fun!

Last night I went and did karaoke with a few of my adult women students. I have never sung karaoke before. I have sung classical music and performed a lot of sacred music, but NEVER pop music and I wasn't sure at first why I had agreed to do this. Turned out to be one of the funnest things ever! I can't wait till next month when we do it again!

I had someone videotape me so I could improve on my performance for next month and to watch my technique. After watching it I was pretty happy with my performance. I was really nervous the first part of the song, but by the end my nerves had subsided and I was loving every minute of it.

We all ended up singing two songs. The second song I sang was one of my favorites from my childhood "Momma He's Crazy" by The Judds. It was soooooo fun to sing country and to rock out on the stage. Singing it brought me back to when I was twelve screaming out the chorus "Mama he's crazy, crazy over me..." and wishing a boy was crazy over me.

Here is the link to my first ever karaoke performance. What a rush!

DON'T KNOW WHY, 05/26/11

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very impressive :) We will be in Temecula the last week of June...it would be nice to see you if our travel plans overlap.