Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Weekend

This past memorial weekend was so nice. Jay and I started it out by running a 10K on Saturday morning together. The race took us right by the Las Vegas Temple. Knowing this I loaded my IPod with EFY music and my new favorite CD, Anchor, by the artist Mindy Gledhill (click here to listen to my favorite song). It was really nice to be up by the temple, running and listening to great uplifting music. I loved it! Thanks to the music and a lot of sprint training exercises before the race, I ran my fastest time yet. It was so much fun to be running it with Jay. We both have run several races in the past year, but due to some injuries we have never run one together. I love running and have to credit Jay for getting me back into it. Last year he trained for and ran a half marathon. Watching him cross the finish line made me want to run too. Since then I have run in three races (one was a half marathon) and continue to run three to four times a week. I love running! It is so therapeutic and makes me feel like I am accomplishing something big. PLUS it makes my body happy! Thanks honey!

On Monday morning after Jay's annual singing gig at a local cemetery we loaded up the van with the girls, a picnic and Jay's parents and their dog and headed to the Colorado River for some fun in the sun. It was nice to spend time with the family and the girls loved the water.


Before the race
The man who started it all!

Colorado River Fun!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I need to get back into running...maybe I can convince Matt to join me :)