Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lolo's House #3 - Beach Day

Today we went to the beach with Lolo. Madelyn and Kaelyn had never been to the beach before (Brooke went with me when I was here in July) so it was a big treat for them. They dug in the sand, built a sandcastle with my mom, jumped over the waves... I dug up some sand crabs for them to see and hold. There was even a plane that flew by with a banner attached to the back of it that Madelyn got excited about just like I would when I was a little girl.

They really liked it until a huge wave knocked Madelyn over and she fell right on top of Kaelyn. In her struggle to get back up she pushed Kaelyn all the way under the water and mushed her face into the sand. Poor Kaelyn! She has the worst luck with water. She has fallen in the pool twice and now this! Besides the fact that she was covered with sand from head to toe and was uncomfortable she actually didn't overreact as much as I feared she would. Big sigh of relief! Since I grew up with going to the beach all Summer long it was nice to give my girls a small taste of what my playground was like when I was there age. I sure do love the beach!

On their way to the beach driving with Lolo while wearing their cool shades!

Kaelyn with Lolo

Madelyn having fun digging in the dirt

Brooklyn and I catching waves. Brooklyn would not stay away from the water. She loved the waves.

Cute Brooke
Building a sand castle with Lolo

Maddy and Lolo at the water. Love this picture!

No comments: