Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My New Year's Resolution

My heart is racing.  My breath is short.  I'm nervous!  I just got a great idea for a New Year's Resolution, but it's a big one!  AND according to statistics 88% of people who make resolutions in January have quit them by June!  Why even try!  Don't you feel that way when you read that?  I did, but I was once told, by a highly respected individual, that I wouldn't EVER be able to achieve a certain BIG goal in life (he was trying to do me a favor and save me from wasting my time).  Well guess what I achieved that goal (after a year of hard work and LOTS of sacrifice)!  And it changed my life for the better! 
SOOOOO  I have decided to set a resolution that will require lots of hard work and sacrifice, but that will change the lives of my children, I hope, for the better AND forever. 
I have debated whether or not to use my UN-used blog to record my thoughts, efforts and successes and have decided I will.  I read once that to ensure success while dieting you should do it with a friend.  I hope that by posting about this resolution it will ensure that I don't stop and am diligent and successful at it. 
Alright, what is my New Year's Resolution?  I have decided to dedicate this year of my life to my children and in becoming the mom I have always wanted to be (but through excuses and exhaustion find myself falling short).  I have felt so overwhelmed lately with other responsibilities and such that I feel my focus has shifted from the ones who need me the most. 
So here we go.  How will it work?  Each month I will be focusing on a subject/habit that wish I could do better as a mom and then strive to make it a habit (ex: playing with my kids more, teaching them better hygiene, choosing better foods to eat, etc.). 
I am a horrible journal writer so I am hoping that I can find time to record this for future reference (we all can fall off the wagon unless we are reminded). 
To my six followers of this blog:  Feel free to share your insights with me as I embark on this grandiose goal!  Sometimes you learn more from others than books you might read.

I love my kids!  They are my life and I hope that I can give them a better one this year!  Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am so excited for you! I know you will be successful with your New Year's Resolution and I am excited to follow your progress :)