Friday, January 4, 2013

Prioritizing Choices

"We must prioritize our choices 
to match our goals 
or risk being exposed 
to the winds of procrastination 
and being blown from one time 
wasting activity to another." 

Elder Ian S. Arden

This is why I am doing this.  I want to get my life back.
To be the mother to my children that I always hoped I would be.
This time in my life is for them.  
And it is going so fast.  
I need to use it wisely.

I want to give my girls the best of me in hopes that they can become their very best selves.
It is so easy to procrastinate.
To get distracted with other things.
Enticing things.
No more distractions!


Here is a really cool chart I made to help the girls and I set and keep our simple goals.
It's pink!  My princesses wouldn't have it any other color!
In fact out of the blue today B proclaimed, "I Love Pink!". 
Yup.  Already knew that.  

I framed it so we could put it in our kitchen and use it as a wipe off board.
For goal #4 (prepare healthier meals) I am not going to keep on this chart.
I have a separate planner for meals.

Here's how it works.
Every day the girls and I will write down what we did to achieve that goal for the day.
Example: Goal #2 - Make fruits and vegetables more accessible. 
Girls can write down some of their favorites for the day.

Today I cleaned out our cupboards and refrigerator.
Tomorrow I am shopping with healthier food choices in mind.

No comments: